SELECTING A SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINER IN NEW YORK
Selecting a Sexual Harassment training in New York is an effective way to prevent problems before they occur, while inspiring and motivating employees to perform better, increasing professionalism while creating a fun, very interactive learning experience.
Training companies, such as MVP Seminars and Employee Harassment Training can help book your selected Harassment trainer who will personalize the training specifically to relate to the specific business & any issues that HR would like discussed. Our MVP Sexual Harassment training seminars are available in the following New York cities: New York City, Buffalo, & Rochester
New York City, New York
Benefits of Sexual Harassment Seminar Training in New York
New York state recently updated its sexual harassment prevention model policy and training requirements, which employers will need to incorporate into their handbooks and communication with employees.
The new guidance:
- Notes that harassment does not need to be "severe or pervasive" to be illegal in New York .
- Adds more examples of sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation, including circumstances in which sexual harassment can occur while working remotely.
- Adds a section on bystander intervention and provides tools and methods that can be used when an employee witnesses discrimination or harassment.
- Adds language regarding gender diversity and gender-based harassment and discrimination, which can include gender stereotyping and treating employees differently because they identify as cisgender, transgender or nonbinary.
- Provides emphasis and guidance on supervisors' and managers' responsibility to report harassment and discrimination.
- Explains that harmless intent is not a defense for harassment and discrimination, and that the impact of the behavior on a person is what counts.
- Adds information regarding the New York State Division of Human Rights' sexual harassment hotline.
New York Sexual Harassment Updates:
New York's law is stricter than federal law, which holds that harassment must be severe or pervasive to be considered illegal.
Be aware that sexual harassment can occur in texts, e-mails and Zoom meetings, said Carol Goodman, an attorney with Herrick Feinstein in New York City.
This revised New York model policy offers some tips for bystanders who witness harassment in the workplace. They could interrupt and distract the harasser, ask a third party to intervene, take notes to benefit a future investigation, or check in with the person who was harassed after the incident.
New York Cities offering onsite Sexual Harassment training seminars:
New York City:
Hilton New York Fashion District
152 West 26th Street New York, New York 10001 USA
Buffalo: Hyatt Hotel
Two Fountain Plaza Buffalo, New York , 14202 United States
Hampton Inn Geneseo
4250 Lakeville Road Geneseo, New York 14454 USA