SHRM Approved Professional Credit Courses
This year we’ve rolled out some completely new HRCI approved topics as well as updating our tried-and-true classes for the new year. Each course is approved for up to 1-4 HRCI credits. Don’t see a topic you want? We’re have approved providers, so call us 916-209-3298 or email email@example.com and we’ll put together the perfect topic for you.
An Overview of Title VII (webinar)
- Understand the process steps of an EEO investigation including guidance for minimizing its effects on business operations.
- Define purpose and intent of Title VII Define Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Identify areas of concern during the Pre-Employment Phase Elaborate on the Americans with Disabilities Act Elaborate on Harassment and its effect on employers
- List the Steps of an EEO Claim and the Subsequent Investigation.
Changing the HR Mindset: From Process-Driven to Strategic Profitability (approved for Strategic credit!)
- Cultivate a business mindset by learning to be more proactive instead of putting out fires in the reactive mode.
- Learn simple ways to rephrase HR issues in ways that connect with the C-suite
- Techniques for reducing redundancy in processes and improving efficiency
- Create a fresh perspective for your HR role.
Coaching in Key Relationships – Strategies for Improving Business Interactions
- Understand the importance of using coaching strategies to develop business relationships.
- Identify how these techniques could be used in key interactions in the workplace.
- Use results-driven coaching to influence culture, productivity and performance.
- Embrace the role of HR as an opportunity to have coaching interactions with managers, employees, and other important business relationships.
Coaching Employees for Maximum Success
- Understand the importance of self-directing questions
- Learn the different types of coaching and how to make yourself the most effective kind
- Embrace the role of HR as an avenue to support managers to be better coaches
- Learn to utilize techniques and to0ls to improve accountability and productivity
End the Blame Game – Getting Employees to Own Results
- Learn to coach employees on stating things in proactive language (rather than blaming) allowing them to take personal responsibility.
- Understand how HR can help support managers and employees to be more proactive and self-directed.
- Master specific techniques and tools to shift employees’ mindset to embrace accountability.
Creating a Psychologically Safe Workplace
- Definitions of psychological safety and respect, including trends, legal requirements and duty of care issues.
- Workplace requirements in order to create respectful, appropriate behavior that may result in legal claims of harassment or discrimination.
- Understanding inappropriate behaviors in terms of direct vs. indirect, overt vs. covert activities.
- Proactive strategies for evaluating, monitoring, and correcting discrepancies in the workplace.
Engagement Starts with a Motivating Manager
- Identify the drivers and causes of employee motivation and engagement.
- Understand word tracks for questions to help employees engage and creatively solve problems.
- Implement specific techniques and tools to coach managers into creating a motivating environment and increasing employee engagement.
Co-Employment: Balancing Risk and Reward
- Become educated about co-employment to safeguard your organization from exposure to litigation.
- Understand how to work with a staffing firm to best handle this issue is an important step in managing risk.
EQ for Human Resources Professionals
- Understand the 4 main quadrants of Emotional Intelligence and how each applies to the workplace.
- Apply the principles of self-awareness and relationship management to professional relationships.
- Learn to increase your value to the organization by influencing corporate culture.
How to Think Like a CEO (approved for Strategic credit!)
- Learn to increase your business stature within your organization by learning how business works and conversing in the universal language of business (cash, profit, margin, etc.).
- Align the importance of Human Resources value-added contributions to the organization’s strategic plan. Understand how your department fits into the structure and vision of the company.
- Earn a seat at the table by becoming a business partner
Increasing Motivation in Under-Performing Employees
- Identify the drivers and causes of both employee motivation and engagement. Understand the difference between internal and external motivation.
- Gain insight into how motivation can increase productivity and improve retention. Learn to set performance expectations and align an employee’s position with the organization’s goals.
- Learn specific ways to improve engagement including communication word tracks and management techniques.
Interviewing Legally: The Manager’s Legal Tool Box
- Learn the purpose of interviewing in a legally responsible manner
- Understand how to avoid the pitfall of a lawsuit for asking an illegal question
- Become familiar with various aspects of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act as related to legal & illegal questioning.
Keeping the Peace without Going to Pieces: Conflict Resolution for Managers and HR
- Understanding of conflict styles and the strengths and weaknesses of each. Learn how to adjust your style and communicate in high-emotion situations.
- Techniques to exhibit assertiveness but also concern to produce results while still maintaining relationships.
- Utilize the tools to manage conflict and deal with conflict that results in a “win” for all parties involved.
Legally Safe Layoffs and Hirings
- Learn to conduct legally safe layoffs and firings
- Develop an effective and fair layoff policy
- Understand how to deal with the following issues: triggering events, seniority, oral contacts, WARN Act requirements, and reinstatement, all of which are meant to protect against claims of discrimination (wrongful termination, protected categories, discrimination or retaliation).
- Learn to provide written notice to employees by developing layoff notices that include: Reason for layoff, criteria for selecting which workers will be subject to layoff, legally defensible verbiage and tone of notice, and disposition of benefits.
From Dread to Development – Managing Performance Expectations
- Learn to set expectations and monitor employee performance.
- Understand how to approach the performance conversation with respect for the employee while still aligning tasks and work duties to the goals of the organization.
- Utilize techniques to monitor performance consistently and constructively, focusing on coaching the employee to become a top performer
Managing Difficult and Different Personalities
- Understand the 4 types of communication styles and how to adjust your individual style to each one (DiSC).
- Master EQ and self-awareness in order to manage conflict and relationships.
- Learn to work with a variety of personalities and communication styles to drive higher performance results.
One Bad Apple – Managing Employees with Rotten Attitudes
- Understand the foundational causes of bad behaviors or attitudes in an employee.
- Master the technique of adjusting their communication style to connect with and manage difficult people.
- Utilize coaching methods to move employees toward peak performance.
- Learn when to legally terminate or discipline a badly behaving employee
Treating Toxic Personalities Before They Infect the Whole Workplace
- Identify and understand toxic employees and what underlying causes can bring about bad behaviors.
- Learn to recognize 52 types of toxic (or potentially toxic) personalities.
- Understand that the current workplace might actually enable or reward bad behavior. Remove these embedded rewards and have employees take ownership of their work.
- Utilize techniques to create workplace of ownership, responsibility, and productivity. Move employees from toxic disease to vital contributor